Blend Door Actuator Motor Calibration
- Turn ignition key to the on position and turn on the HVAC system.
- Move the key to the off position.
- Open hood (bonnet for the RHD guys) and locate fuse #15 in the fuse box next to the battery.
- Remove the fuse and wait 1-2 minutes for any capacitive charges in the system to dissipate.
- Replace the fuse.
- Turn the ignition key to the on position. You can now watch the motors move as the system goes through the calibration routine. Leave the key on for a couple of minutes to make sure that the calibration routine is completed before turning it off. You will also be able to hear additional activity as all the doors and fan speed are calibrated.
You may have to run the cal routine a couple of times to get the system back to full functionality. If the position of the new door is significantly different from the point at failure, the system will successively move toward the new correct position setting. It may take two or three cycles for the system to move to the correct position.