Chevrolet Silverado / 1500 Series '99-'12
Failure of your heat and/or A/C in your Chevy Truck/SUV is due to the failure of your blend door.
Heater Treater replaces the cheap, plastic blend door with steel. Replacing the blend door with the same plastic part from the manufacturer WILL result in continued problems — the same system design problem that caused the failure in the first place WILL happen again.
Heater Treater attacks the root cause of the failure by constructing hardware that is designed to meet the rigors of normal operation of the HVAC system, and last for the life of the vehicle.
If you feel uncomfortable installing the repair yourself, go Here to find a HeaterTreater certified garage near you.
Do you have the problem?
The usual symptom is an inability to effectively control the temperature in your car. Note that this symptom can also be caused by a bad temp control knob, and this is a common failure on Chevy/GMC vehicles. Please check carefully before considering the blend door fix.
The blend door hangs on a vertical axis, so turning a sharp corner, or fiddling with the fan speed can swing the door into the hot or cold position randomly. While the symptoms are fairly conclusive for blend door failure, the only way to really check it out is to remove the blend door actuator motor and look at the axle.
The Heater Treater Kit does the following:
- Replaces the plastic blend doors and axle with steel components.
- All work is done through the glove box opening and no disassembly of the dash or evacuation of the AC system is required.
- Tools required are a screw driver, pair of pliers, and a Dremel tool (purchased at any Target or hardware store).
- Includes detailed instructions and all hardware required to complete the fix, including dremel bits and metal tape to seal the cut.
- The repair will take about an 90 minutes the first time, and once you have experience, about 45 minutes.
- No extensive mechanical skills are required.
- The instructions are dual-level, for mechanics and a “Instructions for Dummies” version.
- The fix is really easy and MUCH preferable to disassembly of the entire dash and engine cooling systems.
- We provide customer support via email or phone if required.